Hier das Origninal. Genaueres kann man unten in Englisch nachlesen.
- die Wissenschaft ist überzeugend: seit Ende des 19. Jahrhunderts steigt die Temperatur, seit dem steigenden Ausstoß von CO2. 18 der 19 wärmsten Jahre seit Beginn der Aufzeichnungen gab es seit 2001. Man kann die Folgen überall sehen, Waldbrände, Hurricanes, Dürren.
- Erneuerbare Energien sind gut für die Wirtschaft.
- China überholt vorbildlich alle in Sachen Erneuerbare Energien…
- Wir können es uns nicht leisten, nicht auf die Klimaerwärmung zu reagieren, da die vorhergesagten Verluste gigantisch sind.
- Die Ölkonzerne gaben Milliarden aus, um die Welt zu täuschen und die Erkenntnis aufzuhalten…
Monday, April 29, 2019
5 Responses to Climate Change Deniers
At this point, there are no good-faith deniers of the planetary emergency before us
Have you ever found yourself in a conversation with someone who denies climate change? Here are 5 responses to climate change deniers:
1) The science is undeniable. Scientists have concluded that the Earth’s temperature has been steadily climbing since the late 19th century, just when humans started emitting large amounts of carbon pollution into the atmosphere. And it’s intensifying. 18 of the 19 warmest years on record have occurred since 2001.
And, no. Just because it snows doesn’t mean climate change isn’t occurring.
You can see the consequences of extreme weather all around us. Wildfires. hurricanes. droughts.
2) Tackling climate change is good for the economy. Clean energy creates more jobs than natural gas or coal, with3 times as many Americans already employed in clean energy as in fossil fuels. These jobs also tend to pay more. States like Californiathat have invested heavily in clean energy have grown their economies, while reducing carbon pollution.
3) Other countries are charging ahead with clean energy, leaving America in the coal dust. Germany plans to close its remaining coal plants by 2038. China is moving ahead with clean energy and has pledged to invest hundreds of billions more, far outpacing the United States. Even Saudi Arabia is now investing in renewable energy.
4) We can’t afford not to address climate change. The devastation brought on by climate change will cause the U.S. economy to shrink, according to scientific estimates. The losses are projected to be more than double those of the Great Recession.
5) Oil companies have known for decades that carbon pollution threatens the planet, but have sought to block action addressing the crisis. They have poured billions into political donationsand misinformation campaigns to protect their profits and block clean air laws.
At this point, anyone who denies climate change is either willfully ignorant or complicit in protecting fossil fuel profits over the safety and security of our children and grandchildren.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This is the world we live in. This is the world we cover.